Re: [Fwd: Re: 9.584640]

Thomas,

There are times when the "cheap" solution is more expensive.  That is why,
up until recently, only telephony grade services were used for building to
building communications.  When the cost of downtime becomes greater than
cost of the difference between the "cheap" solution and the "better"
solution, "cheap" is too expensive.  I am not proposing the imposition of
high cost processing on the simple direct connected LAN.  I am suggesting
that some silicon based L1 fault tolerance could save 10GbE customers' a lot
of money in lost revenue, lost services, lost up-time, etc.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum
MCI WorldCom