Re: On two clock issue

Devendra,

We're taking a few too many tangents here. To bring everyone else up to speed, the
root issue is a MAC/PLS rate of 10.0 Gbps vs. 9.584640 Gbps. I asserted that a
9.584640 Gbps would complicate the clock design of Ethernet equipment due to the
requirement to support a rate which is not a multiple of slower Ethernet MAC/PLS
local clocks.

Receive clocks are separate from local clocks. I believe that most Ethernet
equipment supporting multiple interfaces DOES NOT use the receive clock from any
interface as its local clock.

--

Best Regards,
Rich