RE: 9.584640 (framing issue)

Rich,

> I have assumed that the proponents of the 9.584640 Gbps MAC/PLS
> payload rate
> have selected that rate specifically to allow a SONET links to
> accept Ethernet
> payload at full rate as indicated in my #5a (below).
I believe that
    the rate specifically to allow a SONET links to accept Ethernet payload
is great idea.

But to realize this idea, I think we need to have some framing solution.
After framing process, the length of the data on SONET will not affected
the content of the Ethernet payload data.
POS solution is not suitable for this.

Send Ethernet 10B code to SONET may be
one solution, but 10B code requires some alignment
to fit SONET byte stream world.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Best Regards,
Toshio
----
Toshio Ooka @Sumitomo Electric U.S.A., Inc.
3235 Kifer Rd, #150, Santa Clara, CA 95051-0185
Phone:(408)737-8517x232    Fax(408)737-0134