Re: 9.584640 (framing issue)

Toshio,

I believe that the framing solution is a second-order task and that the first
order task is to determine if there is any possibility of supporting an
Ethernet stream, consisting of variable sized packets at ANY MAC/PLS data rate
which would eliminate any flow control requirements between Ethernet and SONET
OC-192.

Is 9.584640 Gbps this data rate? If not, is there any data rate that meets the
above requirement? If not, the HSSG speed objective should be 10.0 Gbps.

Best Regards,
Rich

--

Toshio Ooka wrote:

> Rich,
>
> > I have assumed that the proponents of the 9.584640 Gbps MAC/PLS
> > payload rate have selected that rate specifically to allow a SONET links to
>
> > accept Ethernet payload at full rate as indicated in my #5a (below).
> I believe that the rate specifically to allow a SONET links to accept
> Ethernet payload
> is great idea.
>
> But to realize this idea, I think we need to have some framing solution.
> After framing process, the length of the data on SONET will not affected
> the content of the Ethernet payload data. POS solution is not suitable for
> this.
>
> Send Ethernet 10B code to SONET may be to fit SONET byte stream world.
>
> Thank you for your prompt reply.
>
> Best Regards,
> Toshio
> ----
> Toshio Ooka @Sumitomo Electric U.S.A., Inc.
> 3235 Kifer Rd, #150, Santa Clara, CA 95051-0185
> Phone:(408)737-8517x232    Fax(408)737-0134

Richard Taborek Sr.    Tel: 650 210 8800 x101 or 408 370 9233
Principal Architect         Fax: 650 940 1898 or 408 374 3645
Transcendata, Inc.           Email: rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1029 Corporation Way              http://www.transcendata.com
Palo Alto, CA 94303-4305    Alt email: rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx