Re: Proposal for accomodating 10.0000 and 9.58464 line rates

Steve,

This proposal is very similar to the proposal that some of us presented to
802.3x a few years ago. At that time the Task Force decided to go with a
frame based approach, but the the basic mechanism that we had would work here.
I still have the changes that were needed to accommodate the interfaces and
the PASCAL code, so we can leverage from that.

The main problem that I have with it though, is that the 10-GE MAC will still
have to implement quite a bit of the half-duplex functionality. I kinda hoped
that we can get rid of it once and for all....

							Shimon.