RE: More on this 10/9.58464 data rate...

Title: RE: More on this 10/9.58464 data rate...

Dan,

Nice to see you back from your vacation! J

From point #2, I would agree with you if the signal is a HOLD, rather than the CRS (as you explained in another email to the reflector).

From point #3, I thought about that, and there is a way around that which is very similar in concept to the HOLD signal, but without needing a signal from the PHY.

Point #2 and #3 are in essence very similar.  Point #2 is structured to have the PHY request a longer IPG based on the current packet it is receiving for transmission on the line.  Point #3 is structured to have the MAC lengthen the IPG based on the current packet it is transmitting to the PHY.

Thanks,
Brad

Brad Booth
bbooth@xxxxxxxxxx
Level One Communications, Austin Design Center
(512) 407-2135 office
(512) 589-4438 cellular