RE: Proposal for accomodating 10.0000 and 9.58464 line rates

Agreed.
I did not mean to confuse anybody, it was as deliberate as mixing
fruits to make a salad.  You stated your preference based on the
architectural impact on the spec. I tried to contrast that with an
implementation based preference.

Eventually the group should decide if they are more sympathetic to the
hardships of spec writers or implementers.

And you are right, with such a large group, bouncers might not help...

Ariel