Re: Deconstructing OAM&P

Hon,

As you have discerned, there is a major portion of the OAM&P processing that is
in SONET/SDH network elements that would not be necessary in 10GbE.  There are
three levels of OAM&P in SONET/SDH; segment, line, and path.  I am proposing on
concentrating on the path level OAM for 10GbE.  The rest of it can be left to
dedicated transmission systems.  I will be presenting something at Kent that
deals with this.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum
MCI WorldCom