RE: Open Request to Del Hanson and David Cunningham: Link Model f or 1 0 Gig Ethernet

Since sending out this request, I have had a number of econversations
regarding concerns about opening up the process of making changes to the
model.

The reason this request was published on the reflector was to inform
everyone and give everyone an opportunity to participate. Rather than make
this a random activity (and out of courtesy to the original authors), I
requested the authors present their opinions on the model and its viability
for our 10 Gig work. Following this, I anticipate that we will have a
discussion about where we want to take the model. If the group VOTES to
create a 10 Gig version to help us with our work, we will organize an
appropriate activity to accomplish this goal.

If this sounds like the probable creation of an Ad Hoc group, you are right!

If others are interested in making related presentations to the HSSG, as
always, the chair will put them on the agenda.

jonathan

p.s. In the original note, I referenced a book that David Cunningham
authored with William Lane. While I will not stump for the book, I know of
no other place where either the model or the history of its development are
detailed and explained. Of what I have read, I believe the record to be
accurate.  jt