RE: Long distance links

Paul. Thank you!

Your words (copied from below) represent the simplest, most concise (perhaps
the ONLY concise) set of requirements I remember seeing to date regarding
this topic.

I would strongly encourage all proponents of Ethernet over SONET to set
aside the diatribe and modify, expand upon, or otherwise improve upon this
list.

To carry Ethernet frames on a SONET system:

1)Ethernet must match the payload rate of 9.584640 Gbps
2)Ethernet frames must be encoded with NRZ efficiency
3)Ethernet frame delimiting must operate without special symbols

jonathan