Re: Please help to clarify some things!

Dae,

Where does the idea come from that developing a new technology that operates as a
higher signaling rate, with more active bytes per data traffic payload, will be less
expensive than a technology that has already been developed, operates at a lower
signaling speed, and has 4 bytes of active overhead per 15000 bytes of data traffic
payload?  I am confused, when does lower processing, and lower speed become more
expensive?  Unless the interface price is artificially inflated, a native data 10GbE
WAN compatible PHY should not be more expensive than a block encoded LAN only PHY at
the same laser output.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum
MCI WorldCom