From: owner-stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dae Young KIM
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 1999 5:27 AM
To: Edward Chang
Cc: rabynum@xxxxxxxxxxx; stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Why not have both?

One question on the number.

According to my calculation, with OC192

    - The Gross rate is        9.95328  Gbps

    - The SPE rate is          9.621504 Gbps

    - The user data rate is    9.510912 Gbps

Where does the number 9.548 come from? We've been talking about the pure
user
payload, so I'd pick 9.510 Gpbs Ethernet NRZ rate.

I should be mistaken somewhere. Would you please correct me?

--
Dae Young KIM
http://ccl.chungnam.ac.kr/~dykim/