Correct use of the term Baud

This maybe a small thing to be ignored and I might be wrong, but...:

"Baud" by itself means a rate:

    Baud == symbol rate = signaling rate = symbols/sec

So, it is correct to say like "8B10B has a data rate of 10Gbps and a
symbol rate of 12.5GBaud."

People in this communicty seems to have coined a useful word "line rate"
so that the same can be said like "For 8B10B, the data rate is 10Gbps,
yet the line rate is 12.5GBaud."

This convention comes from a long Telco history on telegram.

Please correct me if anybody knows of more 'legitimate' use of this
term.

Dae Young
http://ccl.cnu.ac.kr/~dykim/