Re: 8b/10b and EMI

Hi Ben,

the simple answer to your question would be yes.  However,
keep in mind that the Fibre Channel protocols not only
generate a repeating sequence of characters, but all
the characters in these primitives are required to
always have the same disparity.  This (unfortunately)
serves to accentuate the spectral peaks.

I haven't been following the requirements for the HARI
signaling close enough to say if these sequecnes will
also have similar spectral issues.

The other item to keep in mind, is that at least for
10GBE, these signals only leave the box as optical
signals.  Through good usage of tightly-coupled stripline
signal routing, it should be reasonably simple to
control much of the radiated EMI concerns.

Regards,

Ed Grivna
Cypress Semiconductor