Re: 64/66 control code mapping

Rich,

I get the feeling we're not even on the same page. I have no
problem with using 8b10b over XAUI. Some folks discussing the
EMI issue may have problems but I don't want to confuse these
issues at this point.

Again, other than EMI issues, I'm in favor of 8b10b over XAUI.

I'm also in favor of using XAUI as an XGMII extender. I agree
that it fits well into your list of requirements for such an
interface.

My concern is why we need to use XAUI specific control codes
over the serial data stream. Why can't the PCS side of the
XAUI replace the XAUI specific control codes with XGMII
specific control codes? This conversion has to be done from
XAUI to reconciliation sub-layer so the logic must be
developed anyways. It makes the 64b/66b encoding much simpler.

Thanks,
Ben