RE: PAM-5, what are your BERs ?

During the course of these discussions, I've seen people use "hard to do in
CMOS" as a reason to reject a proposal.

I'm not trying to say that someone couldn't/shouldn't build a 10GbE
transceiver in CMOS; however, I am questioning the REQUIREMENT that it be
built in CMOS at standardization.  I've been working on Ethernet products
for quite a long time, and every signalling technology has started off with
some non-CMOS implementation and eventually been reduced to CMOS.

JR