RE: 8b/10b and EMI

Hi Kamran,

I have to confess, I am not up on the scrambled 8B10B proposal
so I will raise this question. If you pre-scramble the data, how
do you pre-scramble the IDLE?

I believe that scrambling data is unnecessary as the FCC tests
allow you to send random data during your tests. However, they
also require you to operate in a likely mode which is a totally
idle system. Does the IDLE state randomize the 8B10B code as well?

Thanks,

Dan