XAUI, XGMII extender?

Rich,

I totally agree that no final decisions have been made with respect to
interfaces, coding, etc. However, I think a consensus has been forming
around XGMII with XAUI as a potential extender. To change at this point and
propose XAUI as an additional i/f may be ok, but you need to recognize that
it is different from the discussions we have been having.

Walt