Re: XAUI and 64b/66b

[Date: 03/23/2000  From Seto]

Roy,

I don't understand why you keep thinking 8B10B is a requirement when Rich and
others keep explaining this be optional.  I don't see any statement that 8B10B
is a requirement except from you.  Please explain that part first so that I
can understand your concern better.

BTW 10b interface is an optional interface to 802.3z Gigabit Ethernet only.
10b interface is not either an option or requirement for 802.3ab Gigabit
Ethernet.  In this manner, XAUI interface can be non-option for WAN PHY if WG
agrees so.

Seto