RE: Renaming the WAN PHY

Gary:

Well put! You have hit on exactly what bothers me with with Dave's
characterization of the WAN PHY as not having to be "SONET compliant".

I believe that whether the inferface is "SONET Lite" or "compatible" it is
going to have to work with the existing deployed SONET interfaces.

It is precisely this sort of  fuzziness about SONET "lite" that caused its
demise at the OIF last year.

-Nevin Jones