Re: Single ended XGMII

Howard Frazier wrote:

> I proposed SSTL-2 signaling for the XGMII at the September meeting in York.
>
> http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/10G_study/public/sept99/frazier_3_0999.pdf
>
> I still like it, though I recognize that we may want to include a
> provision that allows VREF to be scaled down.

Please note there have been some changes to SSTL-2 in recent months.
There is a full editorial revision in the works right now to incorporate
the passed changes to it; until the revision is published you can get
the individual changes from the "Council Ballots" page.

Perhaps of particular interest are the changes made under the JC-42.3
DDR DRAM spec.  These define fractional-drive SSTL-2 variants for use
in unterminated point-to-point links (such as graphics subsystems or
XGMII).

--
D. C. Sessions
dc.sessions@xxxxxxxx