Re: Interface reality check

Ben,

Not much. I'm giving up on the concept detailed on page 3 in favor of having the
RS treating unknown but valid signals as /I/, as detailed on pages 4 and 7.

Best Regards,
Rich

--

"Brown, Ben [BAY:NHBED:DS48]" wrote:

> Jonathan,
>
> I like the concepts detailed on pages 2, 5 & 6.
> Rich likes the concepts detailed on pages 3, 4 & 7.
>
> The difference: I don't like the idea of carrying the
> /A/K/R/ oustide the XGXS boundaries.
>
> Either way the vote goes, I like Rich's latest proposal
> of the RS treating unknown but valid signals as /I/. This
> matches very closely with the way the 1000Base-X PCS
> receiver works and I think this goes along with a very
> low reading on your "obnox-o-meter".
>
> Rich, do you see our positions differently?
>
> Ben
>
> Jonathan Thatcher wrote:
> >
> > Ben,
> >
> > >From my reading, I believe you and Rich have agreed that you are "on the
> > same page."
> >
> > So that I (and everyone else) don't have to go back through all the various
> > notes on Rich's pictures and comb through the discussion for the final
> > state, would you mind either 1) confirming that you and Rich are in complete
> > agreement that the pictures correctly represent yours and Rich's
> > Vulcan-mind-melded consensus or 2) modify the picture and then do 1)?
> >
> > jonathan
> >
> > p.s. Oops, just turned into a pumpkin....

> Benjamin Brown
> Router Products Division
> Nortel Networks
> 1 Bedford Farms,
> Kilton Road
> Bedford, NH 03110
> 603-629-3027 - Work
> 603-624-4382 - Fax
> bebrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard Taborek Sr.                 Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer             Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                   Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.        mailto:rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxx
Santa Clara, CA 95054            http://www.nSerial.com