Re: PAM-5, what are your BERs ?

Rich,

I re-read yesterday your presentations. I think that you
can not have both 8b/10b and FEC included in PAM-5
unless you go to a PAM-6 scheme or increase the baud
rate. In either case, I do not see the value of adding the
8b/10b coding in a PAM-5 transmission scheme.

For a complete explanation, please, see the email I
sent yesterday late at night, titled:

    "PAM5 and 8B10B and FEC and SAME_BAUD"
    March 2, 2000, 2:15 am EST

(under Kardont@xxxxxxx)