Re: Interface reality check

Roy,

Short answer: No.

Long answer: The drawings referenced represent all 10 GbE proposed PHY's
including the one I'm assming you're referring to as the "frame stuffed... WAN
compatible PHY". XGMII and XAUI/XGXS are proposed as optional interfaces capable
of supporting all PCS/PMA/PMD combinations to the best of my knowledge. The
drawings clearly illustrate all combinations of XGMII and XAUI/XGXS supporting
the PCS/PMA/PMD sublayers.

Best Regards,
Rich

--

Roy Bynum wrote:

> Rich,
>
> I notice in your drawings, you do not have the frame stuffed PHY as proposed
> originally for the WAN compatible PHY.  Does this mean that your proposals
> here are for the LAN only PHY specifically and not other PHYs?
>
> Thank you,
> Roy Bynum

Richard Taborek Sr.                 Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer             Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                   Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.        mailto:rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxx
Santa Clara, CA 95054            http://www.nSerial.com