FW: What is 802.3ae WAN-PHY?

Title: RE: What is 802.3ae WAN-PHY?
Oops. Forgot the rest of you.... jt
-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Thatcher
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2000 4:36 PM
To: 'David Martin'
Subject: RE: What is 802.3ae WAN-PHY?

David,

Thanks.

Yes, of course the C2 byte is static and fixed.

J0 is interesting. What does a "provisioned value" mean? I assumed that it meant that it potentially changes and must therefore be mapped to the management layer. Your exclusion would indicate otherwise. A little more clarification would be welcome.

I left B1 and B3 out because of an assumption that only the SONET framer (WAN PHY) would care about these. B3 makes sense to me since it maps across the entire path. I can't think of an equivalent for B1.

jonathan