RE: (SSIG) Taking the winning route

Steve and All:

I believe we all have good reasoning to support our statements, or preferred
approaches.  However, they are all based on the knowledge of today and
yesterday, but not the actual occurrence of the future market.  They are not
necessarily the same, and most likely, they will be different.

I believe the right way to approach the future market trends is to keep all
options available,  and let market determine the winners.

We should let installed base MM fibers and new fibers both available to
users.  Let both technologies compete each other in the future marketplace
to provide the most cost-effective products.  Let the future customers
decide who is most cost-effective, and who will be the winner.  In the
actual market, I believe there will be many users prefer installed MM
fibers, and also there will be many users, for different reasons, prefer new
fibers.

Many years ago, in the ATM_Forum, many people thought the shortwave laser
had reached the end at 1 Gbps data rate.  We kept shortwave laser alive in
the ATM specification that time to let the future market make judgement.
Today, the shortwave VCSEL is the winner of the LAN networks.

There are so many complex factors determining the marketability of products
which deal with actual MM fiber distance, cost, convenience,
user-acceptance, timely-response, reliability...etc.
Therefore, a few inputs, here and there may not be enough to predict the
future market.

I think, the market needs both, and it is large enough for everyone.

Regards,

Edward S. Chang
NetWorth Technologies, Inc.
EChang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx