Re: Interface reality check

Roy,

I think you misunderstand what service we carriers will provide with
the 10GbE and XGENIE.  My perspective says that the carriers
will provide the end-end 10GbE Ethernet pipe to the customer, not
necessarily provide the SONET path.  My understanding is that the
SLA for the 10GbE pipe do not necessarily equal to that for the
OC-192c path, if we can provide it with the smaller investment.

As for 'non-deterministic', I can not catch your point.  Please
explain your technical issues in detail, then I will answer it.

Regards,
Osamu

At 7:06 AM -0500 00.4.13, Roy Bynum wrote:
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/10G_study/email/msg02294.html
> Osamu,
>
> Am I to interpret you are now supporting  "UniPHY" because it IS
> non-deterministic?  For someone who represents a Telo this is a very strange
> position.  It would mean that you may not be able to provide an SLA on the
> transport payload.
>
> Thank you,
> Roy Bynum

  http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/10G_study/email/msg02290.html

Osamu ISHIDA
NTT Network Innovation Laboratories
TEL +81-468-59-3263  FAX +81-468-55-1282