Re: XAUI IO specs

Mark,

I'll have to defer to Mr. Ali Ghiasi and Mr. Richard Dugan on this issue to
properly resolve the nomenclature. My understanding of the parameters listed is
as follows using Vo Dif(max) 800 mV as an example:

When the Output is set to a logic one, the positive differential signal,
referenced to a 0 V ground, is a maximum of +400 mV and the negtive differential
signal, referenced to a 0 V ground, is a maximum of -400 mV.

When the Output is set to a logic zero, the positive differential signal,
referenced to a 0 V ground, is a maximum of -400 mV and the negtive differential
signal, referenced to a 0 V ground, is a maximum of +400 mV.

I'd call this V diff peak-to-peak, but this I'm NOT an expert in this area.

Best Regards,
Rich

--

Mark Kerestes wrote:

> Rich, Ali
>  On slide 22 of the XAUI/XGXS Proposal from Albuquerque was listed :
> Vo Dif(max) 800mV
> Vo Dif(min) 500mV
> Vin Dif(max)  1000mV
> Vin Dif(min) 175mV
> I assume these are truely Vdif and NOT Vdif peak to peak? I have some
> confusion from looking back at the
> Nov 5 1999 "HARI the Electrical Interface" which seems to have a table
> that mixes Vdif and Vdif peak to peak
> showing PECL vs LVDS vs HARI side by side.
> Best regards,
> Mark

Richard Taborek Sr.                 Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer             Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                   Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.        mailto:rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxx
Santa Clara, CA 95054            http://www.nSerial.com