Re: Nomenclature update

Joel,

Thanks for pointing that this out. I took a quick look through Brad's latest
nomenclature... apparently too quick. I agree with your point about 8B/10B
coding. This is a major change from Brad's original presentation,
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/ae/public/may00/booth_3_0500.pdf, to the
committee in Ottawa and his latest revision.

Brad,

Please change the bullet on slide 5 which currently reads:

• X = LAN (64/66 block coding)

• X = LAN (8B/10B WDM; 64B/66B Serial block coding)

Best Regards,
Rich

--

Joel Goergen wrote:

> Brad,
>
> I think your nomenclature is what got me confused over the media coding
> schemes.  You list X for 64b66b and W for wan, but there is nothing for 8b10b
> over cwdm - or is it just implied?  If it is implied, we should add one just
> because it is confusing without it :).
>
> Take care
> Joel
> ----------------------------------
>
> "Booth, Bradley" wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > This is an update to the nomenclature presentation that I gave in Ottawa
> > last week.
> >
> > Comments? Suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Brad
> >
> > Brad Booth
> > bradley.booth@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:bradley.booth@xxxxxxxxx>
> > Editor, IEEE P802.3ae
> >
> >  <<booth_nomenclature.pdf>>

> >                              Name: booth_nomenclature.pdf
> >    booth_nomenclature.pdf    Type: Acrobat (application/pdf)
> >                          Encoding: base64
>
> --
> Joel Goergen
> Force10 Networks
> 1440 McCarthy blvd
> Milpitas, Ca, 95035
>
> Email:  joel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Direct: (408) 571-3694
> Cell:  (612) 670-5930
> Fax:   (408) 571-3550

Richard Taborek Sr.                 Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer             Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                   Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.        mailto:rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxx
Santa Clara, CA 95054            http://www.nSerial.com