Re: PMD discussion

Jack, Ken,

As a 10 Gbps PHY chip vendor. I will reinforce Ken's statement. Some of the
earliest 10 Gbps chips to hit the market are/will be XGMII to 4 lane serial.
Generally speaking, these devices are applicable to WDM, parallel optics, PCB
traces, and copper cable applications.

Best Regards,
Rich

--

Ken Herrity wrote:

> Jack,
>
> With regards to your second point:
>
> "IC issues are nearly equal for all 3 serial approaches.  But neither of the
> WDM solutions have anywhere near this level of broad-based support."
>
> Blaze is currently working with 10 IC companies that either currently have,
> will have or are planning to make chip sets to support the WDM solutions.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ken

Richard Taborek Sr.                 Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer             Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                   Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.        mailto:rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxx
Santa Clara, CA 95054            http://www.nSerial.com