Re: 1310 nm vs. 1550 nm links greater than 40 km

Vipul:

We have an objective as a task force to support a distance of at least 40
km over SM fiber.

On the basis of discussions with multiple customers especially service
providers over the last year, I have determined that the market requirement
exists to support distances of 50 to 70 km on SM fiber.

Therefore, I support the PMD that can go much further than 40 km and attach
to existing infrastructure: 1550 nm serial.

Bruce

Bruce Tolley
Enterprise Line of Business
Cisco Systems