RE: PMDs and Customer requirements

Walt,

Your reply below is a reasonable assessment but I think the same can be said about the 3-PMD set. I think there is a large enough block of people that don't want 3-PMDs to block the motion. Therefore, we wouldn't be able to adopt any PMDs as the basis for the 1st draft and that would delay the standard.

I am just trying to figure out who is blocking who. With due respect to the desires of the equipment manufacturers, I still believe it will be easier to build consensus around an inclusive set of PMDs rather than an exclusive set.

Regards,

Steve

However, my comment was more to the issue that if we continue to try to push