From: owner-stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Swanson, Steven E
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2000 11:21 AM
To: Walter Thirion; 'Todd Hudson'
Cc: '802.3ae'
Subject: RE: PMDs and Customer requirements

Walt,

Your reply below is a reasonable assessment but I think the same can be said
about the 3-PMD set. I think there is a large enough block of people that
don't want 3-PMDs to block the motion. Therefore, we wouldn't be able to
adopt any PMDs as the basis for the 1st draft and that would delay the
standard.

I am just trying to figure out who is blocking who. With due respect to the
desires of the equipment manufacturers, I still believe it will be easier to
build consensus around an inclusive set of PMDs rather than an exclusive
set.

Regards,

Steve

However, my comment was more to the issue that if we continue to try to push