RE: PMD discussion

Chris,

I am only getting half of this conversation!!!

First of all, for the record, I believe that low cost WDM PMDs will come to
market well in advance of low-cost serial solutions.

As for optical testing, regardless of the mux/demux scheme used by a
particular vendor, the interface standard will specify a wavelength range
into which each channel must fall. It is straightforward to construct an
inline filter that will pass only one wavelength window.  I assume that such
standard filters will be available as accessories to optical signal
analyzers.

-Brian Lemoff