RE: 3PMD Proposal

Ed and All:

Basically you are right.

It is more of the implementation practice of an individual company, than the
specification issue.  However, each company is responsible for its practice
with a reliable method to differentiate the DMD fibers from others.
Furthermore, there must be a contingent plan to implement the off-set patch
code, when the need is identified.

Regards,

Edward S. Chang
NetWorth Technologies, Inc.
EChang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel: (610)292-2870
Fax: (610)292-2872

My understanding of real world implementations is that 85-90% of links that
use LX modules on legacy MMF do not use the external mode conditioning
patchcord. I realize we have to standardize for practically worst case
conditions, however I don't believe the mode conditioning patchcord will
become neccessary in a large number of installations. Am I totally off here?

SMF is a yes up to 10km.

Ed