RE: Equalization

Kishore:

The debate on the screen is not the theory or validity of equalization
technique, which has been proved on the copper of known media application.

The debate here is the fiber frequency response characteristics with
complicated DMD factor.  The DMD characteristics of the fiber is not
determined yet.

As ordinary approaches, we should define the problem (fiber bandwidth
related to DMD) first, then we can chose the tools.  There are many variety
of tools available.

The eye pattern ISI, or amplitude reduction is not frequency response at
all.  For a linear BW media, copper, the frequency response is defined, and
given by vendor.  You can design an equalizer without any test all.  Fiber
is quite different.

Regards,

Edward S. Chang
NetWorth Technologies, Inc.