RE: Equalization

Gair:

I basically agree with you.

However, to design a equalizer to meet 10 Gigabit per second with all these
timing critical requirements, intergap inserting bits, error check, speed
correction.......and to assure BER of 10^-12 are complex, and will need a
lot of detail work, which is beyond our conceptual discussion on the
reflector for last several days.

As an engineering practice, define and characterize the problem first, then
chose the most optimum tool to resolve the problem.  Otherwise, develop a
new tool to resolve the problem, if it is necessary.  Design of equalization
with MM fiber is no exception to this common practice.

Walter is giving us more understandable signals for a possibility of 5 PMDs.
Let us seize the opportunity to get to work this project.

Regards,

Edward S. Chang
NetWorth Technologies, Inc.
EChang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx