Re: Optical Connectors

Not exactly. I do suggest to specify the duplex SC as it was the case for
802z (the cut and paste).
Pointer towards INFORMATIVE Annex would allow both manufacturers and
customers to use any of the
specified SFFs when the size, high density, being either pigtailed device,
module, cable plant,
cross-connects etc., is of primary consideration. This will:

1. Provide intermeatability and compliance with law in some countries, as
pointed by Jay, in the MAN/WAN environment where practically every major
national or international telecom carrier, presumably major user of 10 GbE,
standardized on and implemented millions of SCs

2. Satisfy compliance requirement with ISO 11801 Premises Cabling Standard
(HSSG Objectives Part 2) as well as EN 50173 and ANSI/TIA/EIA-568-B3
(European and US Cabling Standards). Keep in mind that many customers in the
both telco and premises environment wants to keep same interface throughout
the entire plant so the decision making process takes into considerations
cost and
in-field installation.

3. Allow the SFF technologies to mature and customers the freedom of
implementation.

4. Save time, resources and avoid multiple connector wars within each
standards body.

On the flip side I may go along with even better solution as suggested by
many. Follow the ITU-T and do not specify anything.

Cheers.

Tad