Re: Equalization

Ghiasi:

Revisit the La Jolla voting record, then find what is the best way to get 75%
consensus, which will help HSSG and Sun.  This is the way to contribute.

Ed Chang
NetWorth Technologies, Inc.

 HI Ed

 <wthirion@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <SwansonSE@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 > Subject: RE: Equalization
 > Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 15:07:43 -0400
 >

 > Ghiasi:
 >
 > The 3-PMD you chose was the set rejected by 802.3 in La Jolla by only
 > getting 57% yes vote, and the parallel optics of 4-fibers failed by only
 > getting 38% yes vote
 Not bad for being added to the PMD vote just before the vote was taken.

 .... 75% yes vote is required.

 > If you propose the same thing again, we will be stuck there with only
 > 1550/1310 serial PMDs forever.
 >
 > There are other choices which have much higher approval rate than those you
 > have chosen.

 Can you elaborate what these other PMD choices are?

 > Please come up with more creative solutions, acceptable by 75% voters to
 > help all HSSG including Sun to resolve the PMD issue.

 the creative way to move forward is to define two low cost variant for
 data center applications with 100 m reach, then add the 1300 nm CWDM
 to support 300m.  The data center market is very significant and will
 keep the short-wave people happy help getting more vote.

 Thanks, >>