RE: Equalization and benefits of Parallel Optics.

Daljeet,

As a customer that builds data rooms, I do NOT like custom cables that I
have to buy from specific vendors.  Because of the nature of the parallel
optics, each cable will have to be ordered to specific lengths and can not
be repaired by putting another termination on it.  Without fail those
cables will always cost more than the additional cost of the electronics
and optics of a single optics solution.  I am sorry, but parallel optics
sounds more like a solution that will wind up costing more more in the long
run.  I won't buy it, and a I will not recommend it to my customers.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum