|Thread Links||Date Links|
|Thread Prev||Thread Next||Thread Index||Date Prev||Date Next||Date Index|
Hey, if you need power strips, I've got a closet full of them.
From: Chris Diminico [mailto:cd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 9:44 AM
To: Keith Amundsen; 'Geoff Thompson';
Cc: Larry Walker
Subject: Re: About the 802.3 September Interim Meetings
I would be willing to help with hosting in the Boston area. I was looking
forward to a short trip.
Chris Di Minico
----- Original Message -----
From: Keith Amundsen <kamundsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Geoff Thompson' <gthompso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
Cc: Larry Walker <Larry.Walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 10:05 AM
Subject: RE: About the 802.3 September Interim Meetings
> I assume you do not need help hosting in the Boston area, but I am
> to ask my management if you do - say the word.
> I think changing the location is just as bad if not worse than changing
> date. Have you tried Providence, Manchester, Worcester, Nassua?
> Best Regards, Keith
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Geoff Thompson [mailto:gthompso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2000 5:43 PM
> To: stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; stds-802-3-pwrviamdi@xxxxxxxx
> Subject: About the 802.3 September Interim Meetings
> Much to my chagrin and embarrassment we do not yet have a fully committed
> set of meeting arrangements for the September Interims for 802.3ae and
> One thing seems to be clear at this point. That is that the meetings will
> NOT be in the Boston area.
> I have been pushing very hard to get this matter resolved as quickly as
> possible. As our lead time has dissolved and because start of the academic
> year is a busy season in Boston it was clear that something had to give in
> our meeting specifications. From our discussions in previous meetings
> and everybody's calendar management problems I made the decision that we
> could not change the meeting week at this late date. That meant that in
> order to hold the meetings at all we had give the meeting planners more
> freedom in city location. The current possibilities are: Anywhere in the
> states or Canada that has reasonable airline access. At this point Salt
> Lake City is a leading contender but nothing is settled.
> There will be a phone meeting this evening (Wednesday) of all of the
> principals. It is my intention that we will get a hard commitment for a
> location from the meeting.
> You will have an e-mail announcing the decision and arrangements
> as soon as possible.
> My apologies for the inconvenience that this is causing you.
> Geoff Thompson
> | Geoffrey O. Thompson |
> | Chair IEEE 802.3 |
> | Nortel Networks, Inc. M/S SC5-02 |
> | 4401 Great America Parkway |
> | P. O. Box 58185 |
> | Santa Clara, CA 95052-8185 USA |
> | Phone: +1 408 495 1339 |
> | Fax: +1 408 495 5615 |
> | E-Mail: gthompso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
> | Please see the IEEE 802.3 web page at |