Re: PMD Objectives

"Chris Diminico" <cd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 08/09/2000 02:15:59 PM

To:   stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxx
cc:    (bcc: Scott Stevens/CommScope)
Subject:  PMD Objectives

As I pointed out in e-mail to Jonathan, for completeness, we need to simply
state all of the relevant application spaces and associated distances in
order to address the applicability of the current set of distance objectives
and
further the PMD discussion.

The table attached is my attempt at characterizing the cabling distances
versus
10 Gb/s application space. The customer  premise cabling lengths are
complete
(by survey and reference). I am collecting information on the cabling
lengths associated with
the central office and the data center. The lengths provided for the data
center and central office are reasonable target values which may be modified
based on further study. Any help would be
appreciated.

Regards,

 Chris Di Minico
Cable Design Technologies (CDT) Corporation
Director of Network Systems Technology
Phone: 800-422-9961 ext:333
e-mail: cd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Adobe Portable Document