Re: Oscillators for 10Gig XAUI's (4x3.125)

> Gentlemen,
>
> One of the possible requirements to implement XAUI is a need for low jitter,
> 100ppm, LVTTL reference clock, running at 156.25MHz. Can any reflector
> participant provide information about where to get such low jitter
> 156.25MHz, LVTTL oscillators.
>
> Thank you,
> Kulwant Brar
> Conexant Systems, Inc

Most oscillators in this frequency range are made for the SONET
signaling market.  I don't know of any that provide an LVTTL
signal, but many are available with PECL or differntial PECL.

The other option would be to use a synthesized clock source from
a lower frequency reference.

Regards,

Ed Grivna
Cypress Semiconductor