scrambler drawing

Pat,

Clause 49.2.6, page 167:

I don't think you've drawn the same scrambler that is in
Rick's presentation in the blue book. His presentation
shows a 58-bit shift register (the same as yours). His
shifts the opposite direction as yours but you explained
that in the meeting.

My concern is your choice of a middle tap. In Rick's
presentation, bits S19 and S0 are used, along with the
input (unscrambled) data to generate the output (scrambled)
data. Since you changed the scrambler, I would expect bits
S57 and S38 (19 bits away). You have used bit S39. I think
your polynomial is correct, I think you've simply drawn
the picture incorrectly.

Can you double check this, please?

Thanks,
Ben