RE: XAUI electrical issues

I normally observe the discussion on this reflector. But I cannot help
reacting to this "measurement" issue. Mr. Greiss is using terms like "DC
Impedance" which cause chills to run over my backbone. I strongly recommend
to use (source/load and/or cable) return loss as a qualifying parameter.
Return loss parameters can be measured directly. The measurement of
characteristic impedance is a major issue, and I do not think you want
specify parameters which you cannot verify. Mr. Kesling is correct.

Henriecus ("Henri" or "Riekus") Koeman
Fluke Networks
P.O. Box 9090
Everett, WA 98206