RE: XAUI AC coupling

Rich,

I would strongly oppose allowing DC-coupling in the spec since we would then
have to pick a DC level.  This would certainly hamper some technologies over
others and lead to sub-optimum solutions, either now or in the future.
Pluggable modules need to be AC coupled.  Whether or not someone wants to
use a proprietary chip-to-chip solution on a backplane is another issue, one
that should be outside the scope of the standard.

So given your choices below I vote for only AC-coupling.

Regards,

- Richard