Re: Copper as PHY medium for 10Gbs?

Zeeshan,

There is currently no objective for a copper medium or PMD for P802.3ae.
This is true for both the LAN and WAN.

Best Regards,
Rich

--

Zeeshan Syed wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>    I am new to this list. I have some basic question(s):
>
>    Q: What's the medium for PHY in LAN env for 10Gbs? Is it
>       just optical or Copper as well?
>    Q: If copper is one of PHY for 10Gbs, is it considered
>       feasible to implement 10Gbs with current technologies
>       over copper (ie copper as a PHY in LAN env)?
>
> Thanks,
> Zeeshan S. Syed

Richard Taborek Sr.                 Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer             Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                   Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.        mailto:rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxx
Santa Clara, CA 95054            http://www.nSerial.com