Re: D1.1 Clause 49 State Machine comments, part 2.

Hi Pat,

Now I understand that you are trying to achieve 4-bit hamming distance.
Although it will discard a valid packet ending with a no error T followed by
a 2-bit error that makes a C or S to D, it makes sense on Receive side.

I still can't understand why do you need this stuff on transmit side:
Because tx_raw is coming from XGMII side, either from local MAC or another
64b/66b receive R PCS, it will not have this kind of 2-bit error make D to C,
or
T to D etc. I think there is no need to have this stuff on transmit side.

Regards,

--Alex