From: Alex Deng [mailto:adeng@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 4:01 PM
To: pat_thaler@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxx; shprasad@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: D1.1 Clause 49 State Machine comments, part 2.

Hi Pat,

Now I understand that you are trying to achieve 4-bit hamming distance.
Although it will discard a valid packet ending with a no error T followed by
a 2-bit error that makes a C or S to D, it makes sense on Receive side.

I still can't understand why do you need this stuff on transmit side:
Because tx_raw is coming from XGMII side, either from local MAC or another
64b/66b receive R PCS, it will not have this kind of 2-bit error make D to
C,
or
T to D etc. I think there is no need to have this stuff on transmit side.

Regards,

--Alex