From: Rich Taborek [mailto:rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 12:14 PM
To: HSSG; Jeff Warren
Subject: Re: XGMII New ElectricalI Characteristics

Yongbum,

I thought the XGMII clocking issue was settled by motion to revert back
to Source Centered timing as described in P802.3ae draft 1.0. I
understand that there still may be debate, but if settled by motion, it
would take 75% to change what will be written into D2.0. I don't have
the actual motion, so could someone (Jeff Warren?) please settle this
issue.

Best Regards,
Rich

--

Yongbum Kim wrote:

> The group formally voted for HSTL 1.5V for XGMII Class 1 and suitably
> compatible low-voltage (but not *decided* as HSTL class 1) MDIO.  The
> Source Simultaneous versus Source Centered timing is still under debate,
> but it is still written as source centered timing.
>
> Yong.
> Yongbum "Yong" Kim                  (408)570-0888 x141
> Chief Technical Officer             (408)570-0880  fax
> Allayer Communications               ybkim@xxxxxxxxxxx
> 107 Bonaventura Drive           http://www.allayer.com
> San Jose, CA 95134
> ==This Message is forwarded by RoX Switch at 1 Gb/s.==

Richard Taborek Sr.                 Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer             Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                   Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.        mailto:rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxx
Santa Clara, CA 95054            http://www.nSerial.com